Governor-elect Bill Lee ‘Believe in Tennessee’ Inaugural Activities Announced
Inauguration of state’s 50th governor includes Capitol and Residence tours
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bill Lee will be inaugurated as the 50th governor of the State of Tennessee on January 19th amid a weekend of celebratory events that include free tours of the Tennessee State Capitol and the Tennessee Residence.
“Maria and I are honored to serve Tennessee and we are excited to gather with folks from across the state for the inaugural,” said Lee, who won 59 percent of the vote in the Nov. 6 general election. “We’ve visited all 95 counties twice, and we know that Tennesseans care deeply about our state. We live in a remarkable state, with remarkable people, and I believe that as good a place as Tennessee is, we can be even better, and we can lead the nation.”
Governor-elect Lee’s ‘Believe in Tennessee’ celebration events will be held in Nashville on January 18-20. Event details, tickets and reservations are available beginning today at BelieveInTN.com. With the exception of the ticketed Saturday evening inaugural dinner and ball (as noted below), all celebration activities are free and open to the public with limitations based on venue capacity.
Governor-elect Lee will take the oath of office on January 19th at 11:00 a.m. CST at Legislative Plaza in Nashville. The oath will be administered by Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Jeffrey S. Bivins. The event is a joint convention of the 111th General Assembly.
Friday, January 18th (all times Central)
- Boots on Broadway: Music & More, an evening of live music at Acme Feed & Seed, 101 Broadway, 8 p.m.
Saturday, January 19th
- Inaugural Worship Service, Ryman Auditorium, 8:30 a.m.
- Inaugural Ceremony, Legislative Plaza, 11 a.m.
- Tours of the Tennessee State Capitol, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tennessee State Museum tour, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 1000 Rosa L. Parks Boulevard.
- First Couple’s Inaugural Dinner and Ball, Music City Center, 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the black-tie optional event are $250 per person.
- Believe in Tennessee Inaugural Ball, Music City Center, 8 p.m. Tickets for the black-tie optional event are $50 per person.
Sunday, January 20
- Tennessee Residence Open House, hosted by Governor Lee and First Lady Maria Lee, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tickets and Reservations available at BelieveInTN.com.
Stuart McWhorter, who served as fundraising chairman for Bill Lee for Tennessee, is inaugural committee chairman and Knoxville businessman Jim Haslam is treasurer. Inaugural celebration events and activities are fully supported by private donations according to contribution guidelines.
Follow Governor-elect Lee on Twitter @BillLeeTN and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BillLeeTN.